I sold the shocks and struts off the car this past week and planned to remove them today. Seems simple enough but this small project turned into a massive removal of pieces. Typical of a project you think would be simple and not take much time.
This was all somewhat planned. The interior removal wasn't but the front suspension removal was. The springs didn't seat correctly when I installed them last time. The pigtail didn't fall into the slot on the A arm and the upper spring perch isolator didn't seat on the spring properly causing the car to sit about 1.25" too high up front. It looked close to stock. So new isolators will be needed and the springs need 1/4 coil cut off to get the car down. Once that is done she'll finally have that "Saleen stance".
Drove the car to the Shelby Spring Fling in May and had planned to get some good pics of it then. However the class I was in didn't have enough parking so there were like 10 cars in 5 spaces. There was no room to take pics. The car was surrounded by other cars. It was also hard to get the car clean for that show because there are a TON of oak trees where the cabins are. Oak trees love to shed sap. So the car was coated in it and I didn't have enough towels to get it nice and clean. A bonus for the trip was that I fixed the A/C and it worked great all the way there and back. Still works now as I type this. I used it when I drove to get these pics. Enough typing. Here's where we are and it looks decent. Long Ways to go.
A little blog about the build process of a car that almost got away.